Saturday, September 17, 2016


NYC MAN WITH NONVERBAL LEARNING DISORDER, AN UNRECOGNIZED PSYCHIATRIC CONDITION WORLDWIDE AND IN THE UNITED STATES, ASKS FOR TREATMENT OPTIONS.



"Hello Dr. Rowjee. Are you familiar with a neurological disorder called Nonverbal Learning Disorder?"  (Nicholas, New York City)























Hi Nicholas,

I have heard of this disorder however, in medical school, this condition was not taught or elaborated upon due to not being in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, the "Bible" of psychiatric conditions.  More specifically, nonverbal learning disorder is not listed as a diagnosis in the The DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual) and ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases); yet, there is plenty of literature on this condition as well as avenues of developing research.

Nonverbal learning disorder, also known as nonverbal learning disability, is characterized by an individual with verbal strengths; however, visual-spatial, motor, and social skills difficulties exist.  People with this disorder have difficulty comprehending nonverbal cues, such as tone of voice or facial expression, and these individuals have challenges with mathematics.  Thus, I understand that this disorder has effected aspects of your life including maintaining employment.

 You replied," Hello Dr. Rowjee. I asked you about this disorder because I was diagnosed with it back in 2009. This disorder causes me lots of problems especially with regards to social skills and executive functioning. I often feel like I can't learn many things effectively to become proficient in it. I will do just about anything to rid myself of this condition. I hear that autologous stem cells are a good treatment for neurological conditions. Can you offer any advice on treatments for this disorder that is a permanent fix either here in the US or overseas? "
.
Besides Medical Tourism Company- Affordable Healthcare, Surgery Abroad/ PlacidWay (http://www.placidway.com/) company in Austria, I was able to locate an article entitled, "Stem Cell Crusader Sparks New Hope for Fighting Diabetes, Heart Disease (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-06-27/stem-cell-crusader-sparks-new-hope-for-fighting-diabetes-heart-disease)  listing companies with ongoing stem cell research in Japan.    Essentially, the article is a" Who's Who" list of global contacts that could lead to the exact area of ongoing research you  desire. 

After approximately a month of elapsed time, I was thrilled to hear "Hello Roshin. I found a clinical trial using stem cells as treatment for neurological disorders in Florida-Margate, Florida to be exact. I already contacted the clinical trial director to inquire about participating in the trial. If it wasn't for your article on the stem cell treatment in Japan I wouldn't have found the clinicaltrials.gov website.

Nicholas,  I am humbled that we, collectively, were able to find an ongoing research protocol that could end your distress with the manifestations of nonverbal learning disorder.  Please stay in touch, as I wish to learn your progress, praying for a marked improvement in overall quality of life.

Thank you for your trust and question.  God Bless you and God Bless New York City.



Respectfully,





Dr.  Roshin









*

No comments:

Post a Comment