Tuesday, November 22, 2016



* PHILIPPINE LADY ASKS WHY SHE HAS DEVELOPED CONSTANT EAR NOISE? 


"Roshin?  May i ask what is this nuisance noise in my ears? If you try to cover your ears with your fingers that is the kind of noise i hear even my ears are not covered Its disturbing Thank you.. I really wish that we could talk. Sometimes im thinking perhaps im near to die? Please help me about this.  Thank you." (Eve, Philippines)








Hi Eve,

With regards to your question, "I would like to ask what is this noise in my ears that wont stop its annoying," I believe, after our conversation on Facebook (Nov 15, 2016), the ear noise, that is bothering you, is medication induced.  You asked me  "to close your ears with your two fingers and thats axactly the sound buzzing in my head."   Your description of the ear noise has many possible etiologies, and based on your reply to my questions, I ruled out many of the potential causes, arriving at the conclusion that the medicine, Idezar, you are taking for your hypertension, may be the most likely explanation for your ear noise. 

How did I arrive to this conclusion?  You stated, " I notice this noise maybe 2 weeks ago and sonetimes its quite disturbing."  You also said, "I remember then when im still a child but im not sure if my mother or father had some problem also in ear noise and put a whole pepper or ginger in the ear hole.  The sound i hear is like when you are in the forest and you hear some insects sounds. Or somewhat like try to cover your ears with your fingers its like that."

You said, "The doctor prescribe it, The idezar only 150mg,  to me for hypertention."   You said your blood pressure readings this past month have been " 130/80 120/80 120/70"  and " Maybe 5 timea 140/90."  However, you also told me that you take "75mg on and off" not "150 mg once a day."  When I asked why you do not take a 150 mg tablet as prescribed by your doctor, you said " Im only taking 75 mg a day bcos i dont feel good taking 150mg.  I feel a little dizzy. I feel my heart hold my breath." 

Furthermore, when I asked was your blood pressure normal when you took the 150 mg medication as prescribed, you replied, " Yes.. even i dont take it i feel im ok.. only the sound and some shaking."  You said "Sometimes i feel my body is trembling.  I feel my hands shakes my legs something like that." 

I believe the trembling might be due to your blood sugar levels fluctuating from normal.  In fact,  you mentioned,      "Im sorry.. i thought its only maybe my over dieting. My food intake is not the same. I reduce sugar intake, from rice and other."   Fluctuations in blood sugar can cause dizziness and trembling. 

Most importantly, all my questions regarding other causes of ear noise [such as trauma, ear infection, respiratory illness, throat pain, cardiovascular disease, occupation, circulatory problems, anemia, allergies, an underactive thyroid gland, intracranial hypertension (also called pseudotumor cerebri), Meniere's Disease,  and diabetes] allowed the final conclusion that not being compliant with the dosing of Idezar is causing your ear noise.   Hypertension causes ear noise (referred to as tinnitis).  Thus, when you take 75 mg of Idezar, instead of 150 mg as prescribed, your blood pressure rises, and this is why " Maybe 5 timea 140/90" readings occurred.  A blood pressure greater than or equal to 140/90 is Stage I hypertension, a serious condition that must be controlled before worse complications occur. 

What do I recommend for you?  Visit your doctor, and mention that when taking the 150 mg Idezar,  " i dont feel good."  Your doctor should be able to easily change your blood pressure medication to a different hypertensive medicine that will not cause you adverse side effects.  You should also ask your doctor to check your blood sugar levels, and prescribe appropriate medication, as needed, to keep sugar levels in the normal range. 

The two hours we spent visiting on Facebook was well worth the time.  I believe these suggested conservative measures may easily remedy the present medical concerns you have expressed.  Thank you for question(s) and trust in me.  God Bless you and God Bless the Philippines.  Stay in touch.


Respectfully,





Dr. Roshin


















*


No comments:

Post a Comment