Tuesday, July 12, 2016


         "THE MAGIC CURE FOR HCV"  - ONE MAN'S STORY




Doctoradvisor,

"As per your request, I have written a brief story of my experience with the HCV.  I hope this helps some of your readers and wish all of them the best in their quest to eradicate this awful disease."

Cordially,

R.S. (Newark, NJ)
















"Harvoni - THE MAGIC CURE for HCV"

I had originally heard about the "MAGIC CURE' in 2012.  I was dealing with Hep C since 2002 (at least that was the year it was discovered) and it was rapidly deteriorating my liver.  My prognosis was not encouraging.  My first severe episode was in February of 2007 when the varices ruptured on my esophagus.  Chance of survival is about 30% but I was fortunate.  They were banded and I lived.  

That was the beginning of the journey.  I had episodes with hepatic encepolopathy and they became more frequent as time went by.  I was moved from Monmouth Medical to University Hospital, and they were able to save my life there.  

The Harvoni treatment was approved by the FDA on December 8, 2013.  I was blessed with a most outstanding Hepatologist, who got me into the program in February of 2014.  At that time my viral load was in the multi-millions.  At the end of the program, no virus was detected.  A true miracle.  My prognosis before treatment indicated that I did not have much time left.  After treatment, prognosis is 15 years or better.

The big issue with the treatment is it's cost.  I was on an 8 week program that cost close to $100,000.  That's something like $1,300 a pill...and you take 2 a day.  Hopefully the cost comes down and everyone can get the treatment.  It is a true miracle.  My doctors now have me on a magic cocktail.  To sum it up, I haven't felt this good in many, many years.


Thank you,

Rico (Newark, New Jersey)

-----------------------

Dear Mr. R.S.,

Thank you for sharing your story with DoctorAdvice4u readers.  You are a walking miracle.

Respectfully,

Dr. Roshin








*

No comments:

Post a Comment